AIEC Australian International Education Centre Budapest Europe
AIEC Budapest news about international education, study, student, travel and SEO marketing news for Australia, Europe and Turkey.

Visa Warning from International Educational Sector

Warning from International Educational Sector

International student sector warns against reducing visas. The organisation representing the international student sector has objected to the Coalition’s proposal to reduce student visas….

….President of the International Education Association of Australia (IEAA), Stephen Connolly, says the number of student enrolments have already dropped dramatically because of the global financial crisis.

He says the sector is very important to Australia.

“Of 630,000 students we had in the country in December last year, about 65,000 migrants who came to Australia last year were former international education students,” Mr Connolly said.

“That’s 10 per cent of the total industry. So you need to ask what do the other 90 per cent do? They go home, they provide benefit to their communities from the experience they’ve had in Australia.”

No Responses to “Visa Warning from International Educational Sector”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: