Australian Employment Skill Shortages
The Clarius Index points to some interesting challenges ahead for business with a persistent shortage of 9,700 professionals across a range of sectors and a major concern by employers that good staff will desert them as markets improve.
Australian business will need a sharp focus on retaining top talent or risk missing growth opportunities amidst signs of a recovering economy, according to the December Quarter 2012 Clarius Skills Index.
Top 10 Occupations:
1. Corporate Services Managers
2. Engineering Professionals
3. ICT Professionals
4. Advertising and Sales Managers
5. Accountants, Auditors, Company Secretaries
6. Legal Professionals
7. Construction, Distribution and Production Managers
8. Advertising and Marketing Professionals
9. Finance Managers
10. Financial Brokers and Dealers, and Investment Advisors