Paid Cookery Hospitality Internships in Australia
Many candidates are enquiring about hospitality internships in Australia:
1. If eligible, paid hospitality internships are not in major cities but rural and remote Australia….
2. If applying, you need to pay fee to arrange and can take up to 6 months to arrange.
3. Candidates already onshore in Australia have advantage over candidates offshore, as they have studied and worked in Australia gaining local plus Asian experience, and can interview face to face.
Placement and Internship Cost:
- Application Fee $AUD500 (non refundable)
- 26 week program $AUD3,000
- 38 week program $AUD3,400
- 52 week program $AUD3,800
There are many internship candidates already who have graduated as international students in Australia studying and working, with two year qualifications and many have Asian cookery skills.
If interested I need to check if your qualification is sufficient for internship visa, generally they would require equivalent of Australian Cert III Cookery plus Hospitality Management, which is two years study.
If not eligible for internship visa, alternative is to apply for study at William Angliss in Melbourne, No. 1 in Australia, which has many advantages:
1. They make offer of sample study program including credit for City & Guilds or EdExcel etc., e.g. 1 semester study followed by 1 semester internship, pathway up to degree level (can decide later if you wish to pay fees).
2. During study students have work rights, part time during school, full time at vacation.
3. Melbourne which we recommend first is Australia’s culinary capital with most cafes and restaurants per person, in the world (Sydney and Perth also have opportunities).
4. Cuisines include Turkish, Greek and Italian (Italian is in top 5 languages in Melbourne), plus Asian, South American, African and other European cuisines.
If you study to degree level or higher education (again credit from previous study), you can take post graduate work visa for two years, potential for sponsorship, residency etc.
Academia International is pleased to announce the commencement of its new Diploma of Hospitality AIP – Academia Internship Program in Melbourne as below.
This new course will start from 21st July 2014 and intakes will take place 4 times a year as the same as other VET programs. The class will be held 3 full days a week and the total duration of course is 1.5 years that includes 1 semester (6 months) of FULL TIME PAID internship in the hospitality industry as part of its 1.5 year Diploma of Hospitality program. As a new introductory special promotion, this course will cost only $15,000 instead of $18,000 in total and we will review this promotion before it ends. More details contact AIEC
More information about study partners see below:
Study Hotel Management Hospitality Tourism in Australia Cookery Culinary Arts Travel Tourism Education Training TAFE Vocational Certificates Diploma Higher Education Degree Master in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Queensland and Perth.