Australian Skilled Work Visa 457 Sponsored
Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection DIBP official information for the Temporary Work Skilled subclass 457 Visa.
The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to four years.
- You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.
- You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application.
This visa lets a skilled worker travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years.
You might be able to get this visa if:
- you have been sponsored by an approved business
- you have the required skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business.
This information explains what a skilled worker needs to do to apply for a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457).
To apply you must:
- be nominated to work in an approved occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i)
- meet the skill requirements for the nominated occupation
- meet registration and licensing obligations
- speak vocational English
- have been nominated by an approved business
For more information about Australian 457 Temporary Sponsored Work Visas and Immigration click through.